Thursday, January 12, 2012

On your mark, get set, GO !!!

Ok so here I go, my husband has been encouraging me to do this for a couple of years.  He says I have a lot to say, and he thinks I should share my profound words of wisdom with the world.  I hope the world is ready. 

I was listening to public radio a few weeks ago and Ben Stein has written a book.  So he was being interviewed and he was talking about parents and how parents have that innate responsibility or ability to shield their children from the harshness of life, like a protective barrier from the world.  I was so touched by his thoughts and his gratitude toward his parents.  His relationship had not always been good with them, but mutual respect had grown over the years.  While I realize that not everyone gets that from parents, unfortunately.  I would like to be a sort of on-line mom, a place where I can offer some words of encouragement or course correction advice if asked for.  The one thing in life I have loved doing and being is a mother, a wife sometimes a little harder for me.  None the less with love, from mum is a blog for anyone.  And so my husband’s ears get a rest, he can be my first member I hope.  I can’t wait to see what this new venture holds; truth is always stranger than fiction.  On with the blog.

1 comment: